Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Fracture in the FEMUR


For the past 4 weeks I have been dealing with a stress fracture! I have had one of these before, in the same place and it is very frustrating as a runner. The sun now shines in the morning and I long to pound the pavement. But oh no, I go to the gym instead and bike while I look at the window. I think that biking is a new passion of mine, so I decided to buy a road bike. I have been thinking about buying one for about a year and a half, so why not?
School is almost out. Two more days!! Another year of teaching has past and I'm still alive. I think that I will be coming back to Vernal to teach in the fall. I don't really LOVE Vernal, but I LIKE my job.

2 comments:

Janice {Run Far} said...

ha.. I will be in Vernal tomorrow for the week. is your leg fracture making it so you cant run? what is your next marathon? Ijust ran Bear lake marathon yesterday and it was my 10th... love that race. My times are pretty slow now, but I am not really going for time, just the experience.. someday soon in the near future... maybe... I will try for time again.

Becca said...

Janice,
I do have a stress fracture in my femur. I'm approaching about weeks 8 and I still have pain. I have learned how to do some wicked Xtraining.
Bear lake? I heard that half is a really fun one. Double digits with your marathons... you are a veteran marathoner!