
Top 10 reasons to run a marathon:
10. You are free to eat anything you would like after the big race.
9. Runner's high
8. Numerous health benefits.
7. Lasting friendships
6. Sense self accomplishment
5. Alone time
4. Goody bag and tech tee
3. Setting a goal and achieving it.
2. Bragging rights
1. Seeing the finish line.
Top 10 reasons to not run a marathon:
10. 26.2 miles? That's a long, long way.
9. Aches and pains in strange places.
8. Knowing that a Porta Potty can be a life saver.
7. Eating yucky things: GU, diluted Gatorade, bananas, eating so much pasta you hate it.
6. Chafing in places you never knew possible.
5. Mile 13 is really not half way.
4. The WALL. Trust me, you will know when you hit it.
3. Waking up at 4:30 a.m. to catch a bus, followed by standing in the freezing cold for an hour, followed by 4 hours of running.
2. Giving up certain foods.
1. STAIRS. (The day after a race).

5 comments:
I want to run a marathon now. Or not.
I'm glad I found you! Congrats on your marathon successes I just read about. You are probably such an awesome teacher.
That is a great list of reasons!
Haha, great list. I would say halfway in a half marathon is about mile 12. Haha. IDK about a full marathon.
Post a Comment