Monday, October 27, 2008

Vernal Journal

I live in Vernal, OOTah now. I actually like it. Some of the things I've noticed in Vernal are...

1. All of the guys are short
2. Everyone has some kind of DOG. This is fine, but when I go running I am usually chased by a dozen or so dogs.
3. Rush hour consists of 500 big trucks on main street, and one MINI Coop.
4. Wal-Mart parking lot is the place to hang-out for some reason.
5. The big dinosaur downtown is decorated for every holiday.
6. The Elk's Lodge is a place to have a reception (who knows why anyone would have a reception there).
7. Bowling is just the thing to do in this town.
8. A trip to town consists of a 2 and half hour drive to SLC.
9. The town motto is, "Whoever has the most oil wins."
10. Hunter orange and cammo is always in fashion.

Just some of the things I've noticed, more to come I'm sure.

3 comments:

Cindi said...

Wait for summer and the Vernal Stock Show. My nieces will be bringing their pigs down to show. Good times, if you're in to that sort of thing (which you may be by then!).

Cindi said...

Becca,
I'm not going to that workshop. Orff is not my favorite thing. But, I'm looking into getting my music endorsement, so I'd have to become Orff Certified. Fun, huh? I'll let you know if I hear of any good workshops. You really need to do the Arts Express stuff through BYU. Those classes will be in June again. I loved them this last year. Let me know where I can send the copies of the dance stuff!!

Chelsey said...

Hey Becca! I'm so excited I found your blog! When did you move to Vernal??? What are you doing these days? I hope you're doing great!