I did not qualify for the Boston marathon, came within 5 minutes once again. The race course was great, the weather was beautiful, I was all there until mile 22. I was proud of myself for hanging in so long, then my mind went hay-wire. I tried to push myself through the drastic wall, but I could not manage to do it. I felt good with the 3:45 finish I pulled, but I still have the will to do it again, until I achieve my goal. I did take second in my division, so it felt really nice to be recognized for my time.
TOU (Top of Utah) marathon made my top three marathon list. The list goes like this: 1.St.George 2.TOU 3. Salt Lake City. Those are my favorite races of the six different marathons I have ran in Utah. Usually I can judge how a race is going to be by the shirt you get. (sad, but true). Those three races have produced my favorite shirts as well.
This past weekend I went to Body Worlds in SLC. What an amazing exhibit! If anyone gets the chance to go, do not pass it up. I studied kinesiology in college and we went to the cadaver lab a few times. Cadaver's have nothing on these bad boys in the exhibit. This exhibit takes human anatomy to a completely new level. Anyone that is fascinated with the human body will appreciate it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Hey girl, I went last Tuesday and I loved every minute of it. I literally almost cried at the end when you have the man and the women holding each other, WOW, it was amazing. I loved how it was so respectfully done. I even bought the book and the dvd, AMAZING is all I can say. Sure miss you!!!
Mary has talked of nothing else and shown us all the pictures. She even watches the dvd- in her truck- while she's driving. At least I drive in the opposite direction as her. I think I'll pass on the exhibit. I'm so glad you're still out there somewhere. Congrats on the job. Hope you love it. Vernal? How did that happen?
Miss you tons!!!
P.S. My sister makes the shirts for the top of Utah marathon!
I got my frame drum from Marilyn Barrett at BYU. She brought them to the Arts Express Workshop in June. Check out the website for tons of information and resources: http://education.byu.edu/arts/
Look under dance resources for the drums.
This year, Marilyn's classes were about using childrens' books to create dances. So much fun. We created dance movements to the book Where the Wild Things Are. The key-note speaker was the lady who created the Brain Dance. She was awesome. She had students create a dance about the water cycle. Older students wrote Haiku poems and then choreographed movement to present with them. Amazing!!
I love the book "Dancing In My Bones" for the littler kids. I've been using it for k-2 music classes.
Post a Comment